Tamil Nadu Peasants and Workers Party
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Headquarters||No 4, nerkundram pathai, vadapalani Chennai – 600018|
Tamil Nadu Peasants and Workers Party (Tamil: தமிழ்நாடு விவசாயிகள் தொழிலாளர் கட்சி, TNPWP) is a political party in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The president of TNPWP is Pon Kumar. TNPWP supported the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) for 22 years, but the alliance broke down ahead of the 2006 Tamil Nadu assembly election. Instead the TNPWP aligned itself with the Samajwadi Party. After the elections, TNPWP pledged support to the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)-led Democratic Progressive Alliance government.
- "Rally accuses DMK of topple bid". The Times of India. 19 August 2001. Retrieved 21 September 2008.
- "rediff.com: Jaya seals pact on TN polls, AIADMK to contest 141 seats". www.rediff.com.
- "SP announces 9 party alliance in TN". www.rediff.com.
- "Peasants Party to support DMK-led DPA". www.oneindia.com. 2 May 2006.
- "Inbathtamilan joins DMK". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 3 May 2006. Archived from the original on 10 June 2009.